PYLON CAMPAIGNERS CONTINUE TO OPPOSE EIRGRID’S INTERCONNECTOR

5 October 2018 No Comments by The Northern Standard

More Calls for Electricity Project to be Placed Underground after Publication of Expert Reports EirGrid was given sight of reports in advance of publication

Michael Fisher “It’s entirely up to the landowners now.” That was the reaction from Nigel Hillis of the County Monaghan Anti Pylon Committee. It followed the publication by the government on Tuesday of two ‘independent’ reports that endorsed EirGrid’s controversial plans for the North South interconnector as an overhead line with 400 pylons.

If the landowners don’t want an overhead line and pylons on their land and continue to stick together, then the CMAPC will support them, Mr Hillis said. He believed the content of the report by the independent expert group on the cost of undergrounding the project had been influenced by outside interests such as big businesses and industry.

The North East Pylon Pressure Campaign said the study by the three experts had been released nine months after its due date and achieved only one result. It…

Comments are closed.