HOME DÉCOR BUSINESS BADLY DAMAGED IN FIRE

18 March 2017 No Comments by The Northern Standard

Michael Fisher

A well-known home decoration and paint shop in Monaghan town was badly damaged in an intense fire early on Friday morning that caused traffic disruption. It was a major setback for the McAdam family, who started up Albany home décor nearly fifty years ago and have served thousands of customers in that time.

  The outbreak was one of the largest ever that the fire service in Monaghan has had to cope with. It began in the three-storey building close to the Market House shortly after 2.30am. The area around Market Street and Park Street was closed as over fifty firefighters tackled the flames and smoke.

  According to Monaghan’s Acting Chief Fire Officer Sheila Broderick, units from all five fire stations in the county were called in. In addition to pumps, specialist appliances were used including a water tender and a high reach platform that came from Dundalk. A fire unit from Cootehill provided cover in the county while the incident was dealt with.

  The firefighters attempted to prevent the blaze spreading to nearby businesses and premises. They used a thermal….
albany-home-decor

Comments are closed.